Friday, May 8, 2009

My first Blog....!!

Err........never in my life have i thought about anything so much.....that i have thought for writing this blog..

firstly i was excited that like others even i would have a blog...but then after creating one i started thinking and thinking as to what to write in it???

if i start to tell about my life n everything that has happened and is happening in my life then it wud jus go on.....n on.....

Frankly speaking the main reason why i thought about writing a blog is that i wanted to improve my english writing skills....and also the kind of lingos i have started using these dayz everywhere....i.e. the short forms of each and every word..also called SMS language...

I remember my first day of English lecture in my second year...n the teacher calls my name for attendance "Madhushree Ramani"...n without even thinking for a second i say "yup mam"...
gosh..!!
everyone in the class turn their heads n look at me....for a second i dint realize as to what i said then i was like .."err......sorry mam..it just came out of my mouth..."

Damn yaar...first time in my life did i say sorry to a teacher for a mistake....!!

and guess what this was not the only incident....infact after that incident in class the mam started keeping an eye on my slang.....so i had to be very careful....n i did succeed during her lectures atleast..

But can u imagine what a stupid thing i did after that??

It was my internal exam ...my first internal n my very first paper was ENGLISH
phew...!!

I was supposed to write a report on launch of a new scooter in the market.I was pretty confident that i would surely write a nice one coz i liked writing such kind of articles n all.....i wrote 2 full pages ..n submitted the paper..
n guess what..???
after the result came out..the teacher calls me and advices me that i have written a very nice report but everything was in a different short form...like
where=whr...that-dat...because=coz n so onn.....

Thank god tht teacher didn't scold me for this coz she knew that i dint do it purposely....she jus asked me to change it before the exam....n i did follow her instructions...

My semester exam came...n to quite an extent i had overcome my habit of writing short forms....

phew..!!
now i m trying my best to completely avoid the slang not only in exams but everywhere else...

U might hav noticed some short forms i might have used here also...but i hav tried my best not to use them.....!!




8 comments:

  1. Welcome to world of bloggers :)

    good start. am sure yoou'll improve yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gud one keep going...long way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good that You started now. Better late than never.. You can overcome the shortform usage if you used to write formal letters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thx sound n harish....

    @lk...ya that is the reason i have started it..thx..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice try lady... Good for a start... :) All the best for the future ones...

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice post to start with. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete